Clear Stamps have the advantage over wood and foam backed stamps, because when you use them with an acrylic block, you can see exactly where you will be stamping, and they cling to your acrylic block with ease. Clear Stamps can be returned to the storage sheet when not in use and placed back in the clear envelope. More companies than ever are making clear stamps as they need a lot less room to store.
How to use:
- Carefully lift the image from the page and put into position on your acrylic block, try to use the size block that best fits your stamp. (If you only have a larger block for a smaller stamp. You could add an extra uninked stamp to balance the block when you stamp your image)
- If you are using words or letters, remember to place these backwards on your acrylic block.
- Now you are ready to ink your stamp with whatever ink you prefer. But please remember that permanent inks may stain your stamp, but this will not effect your stamps use.
- Now the best bit, check you have put your image in the right place then place onto your project stamp side down, looking through your acrylic block to make sure it is placed exactly where you want it. Press down onto your block with your fingers to make your impression.
- When you have finished using your stamps you need to clean them using a stamp cleaner, mild soapy water or wipes. Let dry and then you can return them to your storage. (some manufacturers recommend drying off any excess liquid with a kitchen roll. Please read there hints and tips when you receive their stamps).
- If you find that after a time your stamps are not staying on your acrylic block. It just means that they need to be washed in mild soapy water to restore their cling.